Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Initial Observations of Technology

Since I have been at Southland Elementary, I haven't seen any technology integrated into the classroom. It doesn't seem that the students have access to much technology in the classroom or even in the school. The school is equipped with a computer lab, but I haven't seen much use of that since I have been at the school. The teacher I am observing has a personal laptop that she uses to take attendance and keep track of grades, but there isn't much technology that is being used with the students. The school has a computer lab that the students have access to as a class if it is needed in addition to their regular class time, but I haven't seen my teacher take advantage of that. Overall, I haven't seen any uses of technology in classroom instruction.

I have completed the Classroom Technology Inventory, the Midcourse Evaluation, and the Consent Form.

No comments:

Post a Comment